27 July 2010

what's the use of saving

And I'm not talking about money. Though I'd never be accused of that either. Just saving in general. My problem - as if there were but one - is I want to save freaking everything. I have magazines from 20, 25 years ago - i might need an article in there someday; concert t-shirts I haven't worn in 15 years, nor will I ever again - maybe there will be a use for that Poison/Warrant shirt from '88, but there's still a little life in that Dylan 93 rag of cotton; cassette tapes for heaven sake, and thousands, literally thousands of CDs. I'm all for nostalgia. And I'm not quite of the "hoarding" variety. But keeping every last remnant of nothingness is messy, unnecessary and definitely unhealthy. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment