29 September 2010

Olbermann

I'm torn. I really like Keith Olbermann. I loved his wit and humor on SportsCenter. He helped grow that network in the 90s. He was funny and clever and the smartest kid in the class. And I know A Sorkin modeled much of the late great gone-before-its-time Sports Night from watching K Olbermann. I only wish the guy would have stayed with sports. His smart-ass brand of humor just fits sports. When he talks politics he sounds too much like a pompous ass. I'm no Republican, but his bias is beyond obvious. I cannot agree with his take on political and social matters simply because he's so one sided. It's beside the point that I generally and oftten agree with his opinion. It's just that his show is set up as a news program. Call it entertainment and I'm on board. Totally. The guy is whipsmart and funny as hell. I just hope FoxSports can bring him back to his roots in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment