24 June 2011

the nat'l futbol leeg (NFFL)

So, so sick of the NFL talk. Lockout, canceled season, spoiled imbeciles arguing over their toys. Both sides of the argument hole up in luxury hotels in various cities - a new one every other week it seems. Cameras everywhere. They're working so hard to hammer out a deal. They're just going at it, trying so hard and working so diligently. Assholes. The lot of them. I don't care about the upcoming pro football season. I really don't. Ray Lewis said without the season there would be an increase in crime. That's absolutely true, though in a different way than how he meant it.

Play, don't play. I don't care and I hope multitudes of football fans - which I cannot personally claim to be - come to that conclusion. I realize there are many issues of great importance, matters of consequence. I get that. But strip away all the tiny and endless details and it's a matter of millionaires and billionaires arguing over their money. About nine billion dollars of it. They can't figure out how to split nine billion dollars. It's a bit sickening.

What would be really sad - or funny if you're a nihilist - is to see these children have to work for a living. Even for a week. A day. Work a real job. Read a book. Do a good dead. Do something thankless and meaningful without the cameras. See, I'm pissed now and over-generalizing. That's wrong, I know. But facts are there. Millionaires and billionaires bickering like spoiled brats over the best way to spend nine billion dollars. Sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment