18 May 2009

the wait, the chase, the lacking

I've read several times lately of kids about my age - I'll say mid-thirties, which is true but appalling - going through a bit of a mid-life crisis sort of thing. Maybe not "mid-life crisis" mid-life crisis but something of the sort. Most of the occurances, whether real or in my little premature mid-thirties head, seem to be to the effect of post divorce, past even the beginnings of a second career, getting that third degree or second masters and essentially getting one's shit together.

Not to mention names but I've heard of more than a few of these sick little instances. I mean, good for them and all, but I haven't yet experienced the first one. These folks had it together, or even didn't but they had something, got wise, got out and begun again. What in hell have I been doing? That's what concerns me. That's what keeps me up at night, while wasting more time. Melodramatic? A bit, yes. More to come. More whining, more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment